Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Awesome

I made a couple tweaks around this here blog. The most obvious one is the totally flippin sweet banner, courtesy of my frikkin awesome wife. Seriously. She rocks.

The other one is that I changed the bullet image. Flowers? No thanks. It's now a circle, also courtesy of my wife because I am that lazy.
  • check
  • it
  • out
I'm pretty pleased. I always liked the colors of this theme, but it came with too many frills and laces for my liking. Now I like it much more.

I also put in some writing time last night. Not too much, but enough to get the proverbial ball rolling. That's always exciting. Normally when I'm working on a story, I just start writing and see what happens, then go back and rewrite it several times. That process kind of blows with longer works because starting from scratch leads to trashing everything and making something completely different. For this one, I decided to try starting with a plot outline to see if a clear sense of direction helps keep me focused. I think part of the reason my longer stuff tends to fall to pieces is because I reach a point where I don't know what to do, and therefore do nothing. Not the best approach. Maybe this approach will help. Maybe not. We'll see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, that new logo looks like maybe someone spilled BEER on a manuscrpit...

Just kidding, it's WAY cooler than tho old one. Tell the missus "nice job".

Elen Grey said...

That is a verra cool banner. Your wife rocks, totally. I hope you showed due appreciation. ;-)

Woo-hoo! on the writing. Everyone's process is different. You'll find the one that fits you best. Much cheer.

DonSlice said...

Dang dude. Both you and the wife have awesome layouts now... Almost makes me want to revamp my blog... Almost.

DaveLoven said...

You know what would make this layout even better? If you were using WordPress.

~Loven

Matt S said...

WordPress wouldn't make this layout better, it would just let me have an all-around better layout. There's a subtle difference there. All in good time, though...

Krista Heiser said...

Love the banner. Noticed it immediately.

As for the writing process..you'll figure out something that works for you as long as you keep experimenting. Good luck with this method!